4.06 is Excellent

Give us your opinion about version 4 and/or suggestions to improve the scenery

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

BobF

4.06 is Excellent

Post by BobF » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks to the NL2000 Team. It works like a charm with great scenery. My only negative comment is how it is packaged. First you have to download it to your computer, then unzip it to a Temp folder, then run the installer setup and then run the installer. Isn't there some way to create an installer that runs and asks you where you want the final files installed, then put a select menu of the choices with checkboxes, check what you want installed and click Run? Many, including one of my friends, have had bad luck installing it. It is too complicated for neophytes as it is now.

Please don't think that I am unhappy with the final installation results. It is great.

Bob.

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Bob,
We did the release by bittorrent for now, because we expect a big interest, and our server can not handle that at this moment. We hope that users will help to give the package to friends.

Thanks for your comment.

Joop
NL2000team

BobF

Thanks Joop

Post by BobF » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 am

Hi. I did get it from a friend via a large file sender. I was referring to the way the installer works. I have another friend who has files all over his computer and never got it to work. It's too complicated. It would be nice if in the final release it could be in a more user friendly manner for those users that are not literate in computer or FSX file structures. Thanks, Bob.

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 am

Bob,

In our manual we explain the installation procedure completely .
So when following those steps , the installer does all the work. As simple as that.

Joop
NL2000team

BobF

Post by BobF » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:35 am

Hi Joop. OK. Like I said my friend got it all mixed up. The present method is to download the zip file, unzip it and run an installer setup and then run the installer. It would be nice, as I said, for computer and FSX file structure illiterates it would be nice just to get one zip file with the installer in it, and the nl2 files so the user could just run the installer which could have a list of the sceneries with a checkbox for selecting the desired scenery to install and a user selected location. There are many FSX users that are computer and FSX file structure illiterate. Some can't even find their fsx.cfg or scenery.cfg.

It is just a suggestion. Please don't think I am complaining. The scenery is excellent!

Bet regards, Bob.

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Bob

The installer is for all our packages . Because of the new release of Schiphol we made a new one and include that for those who only downloaded Schiphol and no other NL2000 packages. All our packages can be used as single module ( except the library , that is needed for all )

But thanks for the suggestion.

Joop
NL2000team