IMPOSSIBILE TO FIND LOCAL SCENERY DIRECTORIES

Ask questions about installing NL2000 version 4.0 here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

dave76

IMPOSSIBILE TO FIND LOCAL SCENERY DIRECTORIES

Post by dave76 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 am

hello,
i installed nl 2000 in c:/nl 2000, running 4.0.49 installer, i add the libraries and some scenery ( volkel, eindoven, leeuwarden and so on). i thick the grey mark to activate them and all these airports are add to my scenery library.
the problem is i do not see them in FSX.
when i start fsx it tells IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND LOCAL SCENERY DIRECTORIES.
i installed them in c:/nl2000/
i run windows 7 with administrator pivilegies.

did i do something wrong???? did i need to back up my scenery library before install nl 2000???

actually i only see VOELKEL scenery and in fact i have ehvk (scenery and texture) in NL 2000 correctly installed, also showing installation bar while installing.(clicking add package) this does not happen for other scenery like leeuwarden twente, soesternberg...........why???????????
thanks for helping me

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:38 am

Dave,

For some security reasons it is better to install our NL2000 scenery files in Vista,W7 and W8 in another partition than C. f.i. D.
And without the UAC on.
But nevertheless , if you see the items in de FSX library you should see the scenery in FSX.
Can you check the scenery.cfg if the paths for the items are the same as the real places on C:/nl2000/.....

Joop
NL2000team

dave76

Post by dave76 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 pm

phjoop wrote:Dave,

For some security reasons it is better to install our NL2000 scenery files in Vista,W7 and W8 in another partition than C. f.i. D.
And without the UAC on.
But nevertheless , if you see the items in de FSX library you should see the scenery in FSX.
Can you check the scenery.cfg if the paths for the items are the same as the real places on C:/nl2000/.....

Joop
NL2000team

hi,
actually if i open scenery.cfg i dont see these sceneries in any area.
i will uninstall and install again in another partion rather than C.
what is also strange is that it does not create the scenery and texture folder (it does only for voelkel) and in fact it doesn't show any loading bar when installing sceneries of leeuwarden, twente ecc.... :? :? :? :? :) :)

thanks again :) :) :) :) :)

ps : for uac do you intend antivirus???

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Perhaps the downloads of Leeuwarden and Twente are corrupted. Perhaps you can try to download these packages again.
Normaly you can install NL2000 on your C-partition, i have only a C-partion and that works fine. Just dont' install it in your program files directory because of security level by windows.