Installer 4.038

Ask questions about installing NL2000 version 4.0 here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

airborne54

Installer 4.038

Post by airborne54 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi,
I use the NL2000 scenery since V4.0. Thank you very much for his wonderful scenery! For a totally new installation on a new Computer I had to download the hole project files once more.
My downloaded NL2000 files are *.zip and *.nl2 files. The installer recognized and processed the *.nl2 files in the Add Package dialog. I selected all the nl2 files which are displayed in the dialog box. The *.zip files were not displayed in the dialog box. After the installing process all the modules with *.nl2 as extension, were unziped and activated in the FSX library. The *.zip files which were not selected in the dialog box got half processed. The Module name and the Texture folder were installed the scenery folder is missing – the modules not activated in the FSX library.
I unziped one module and got three files, one of whem an nl2 file. I did the Add Module prozedure and got the scenery folder unpacked and the module activated in the FSX library.
Just to conform, is this the right installation methode? The Manual reads not to unzip the files.
Best regards Bernhard

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Bernhard

Yes

the installer only installs the nl2 files after the unzipping

Joop
NL2000team

airborne54

Post by airborne54 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Joop,
thank you for confirming my methode. The installation is worked out very well and I enjoy the wonderful scenery.
Thanks again Bernhard