Aircraft sinks on runaway

Report a problems with the NL2000 scenery here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

dibikas

Aircraft sinks on runaway

Post by dibikas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 am

Hello and thanks for the amazing scenery.
I have a weird problem with NL2000 version 2.92.
Please note that I am using Aerosoft's Mega Airport Amsterdam for FS2004. After the installation of your scenery and the necessary upgrades to version 2.92, I started having problems.
As soon as I run FS2004, I noticed that all aircraft except mine were half way sunk into the ground.
I exited the game, run featurepanel and checked the box in misc for altitude, then apply and then I run the game again.
This time aircraft were correctly standing on the ground.
I started taxing but when I reached the runaway, my aircraft sunk into the runaway.
I tried with a few tricks to solve the problem but no luck.
Although I read most of the relative forum posts, I still cant find a solution.

The choices I have are these.

1. airplanes around me sunk, mine works fine everywhere
2. airplanes fine on the ground, mine sinks on runaway

Anyone got any idea on how to solve this problem?
Its getting really frustrating and although I would like to keep this scenery, I will have to uninstall it if no solution comes along. :(

Thank you.

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:27 am

I Think the problem here is that you use two scenery products. Those two product can't be combined.
Johan Calje
The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team

dibikas

Post by dibikas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 pm

I am not quite sure that this is the problem. I see in the forum that many people use Cloud9's scenery for Schiphol airport and they seem to have solved their problems.
Still, I thought that this scenery was all about the country and not about its airports. I saw after installation that I had Schiphol scenery installed with this package, then I installed Aerosoft's scenery and noticed there was a conflict. What I did was to remove all EHAM files from the scenery subfolder inside NL2000 folder, only then the scenery from Aerosoft appeared properly but as you already saw, I am facing a problem with the altitude of the area.
I think it would have been nice if the featurepanel would allow us to install the airport sceneries or completely skip them in case some of us would prefer to use other sceneries than the ones coming with NL2000.
I know this is not going to happen just because you have 1 case in total but is there a workaround? Cant we correct the entire altitude problem with Schiphol airport which would allow me to use both sceneries?

Thank you.

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:03 pm

As far as we know there are many problems when you use those two scenery's. Sometimes people have made it to work, but we don;t have the knowledge to do this. Also we hear that, even it is possible, it is not without problems, so maybe the height problem is one of them.
Johan Calje
The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team