Runway Lights

Ask general questions or place general comments about NL2000 version 4.0 here.

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

j-me

Runway Lights

Post by j-me » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm

First of all, thank you very much for your efforts on creating NL200 V4. There is any freeware yet to compare with. Keep up the good work. :)

Unfortunately there is one thing I am not happy with. Is there any possibility to turn off runway lights at daytimes with good weather? In other words, to syncronise them with FSX default runway lightings? Most of the time flying at airports with full runway lighting looks a bit strange and also drops frames a little.

StratoPilot

Re: Runway Lights

Post by StratoPilot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:42 pm

j-me wrote:There is any freeware yet to compare with.
Are you kidding me? NL2000 is right up there, lonely at the top kicking Aerosoft's Mega Airport series' bottoms!

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 am

Unfortunately the subject runway lights wasn't mentioned in the manual.

It is possible to turn off and on the runway lights with the squawk code.

In Europe the Squawk code 7000 is used fot VFR flights.
In the Netherlands VFR flights are allowed only with good visual sight and by daylight. If you put the Squawk code on 7000 you let control know that you are on visual and don't need the runwaylights and the runway lights will not be burning.
By putting squawk code on any other combination the runwaylights will be burning again.

Joop
NL2000team

test

Post by test » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am

thank you :)

goldenslot

Varhomol

Post by Varhomol » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:31 am

Hello dear developers NL2000.With great pleasure i fly on your virtual Holland, but fully agree with the author of this topic,with regards to the implementation of the runway lights.It is not conveniently to use the method of switching on and off the runway lights, depending on squawk code settings(especially when flying on VFR with the default ATC).It would be much easier if the runway lights in your wonderful scenarios works automatically,like FSX default.

Kind regards