How to seed when downloaded .ISO

Ask questions about downloading via BitTorrent here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

Longy

How to seed when downloaded .ISO

Post by Longy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:24 pm

I have downloaded the .ISO files and extracted them. The files in the .ISO files are the same as you download via BitTorrent (or just via a torrent).

The question is: How do I start seeding?

Patco

Re: How to seed when downloaded .ISO

Post by Patco » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 am

Longy wrote:I have downloaded the .ISO files and extracted them. The files in the .ISO files are the same as you download via BitTorrent (or just via a torrent).

The question is: How do I start seeding?
If you mean to make available the downloaded files to others (sharing), than in your download software, like BitTorrent, you have to activate this feature.
It mean normally pointing to the directory where you keep the files that you make available. Be sure that there are ONLY files in there that you want to provide to the outside world ... :)
ah, and keep the computer running and connected to the net .... for a long time :D

Longy

Post by Longy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 pm

It works now, BitTorrent first checks if the files already exist. Now I have started seeding (not very fast, but every byte helps :))

BTW what happens if you just stop?

Patco

Post by Patco » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Longy wrote:It works now, BitTorrent first checks if the files already exist. Now I have started seeding (not very fast, but every byte helps :))

BTW what happens if you just stop?
After you re-start again there will be a new attempt to re-establish the connections, but of course when downloading you go back in the sequence.