dvd reinstall problem

Ask questions about installing NL2000 version 3.0 here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

eytan

dvd reinstall problem

Post by eytan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:41 am

I got the 5 dvd's from the flightstore people.
I inserted dvd 1 and started installation. The target was a drive that was not where fs9/addon scenery is so I can save space.I The installation was slow but working ok.
It was getting late, and I had dvd 3 being installed. Went to sleep. Next morning, the installation was not ok when i tried to put dvd 4.
So i uninstalled. Also deleted the netherlands 3.0 folder that I created as the target for the scenery. Ran registry fixer. rebooted.
Put dvd 1 again. I get the message-"an existing version of netherlands 3 has been found..." do you want to uninstall"?, YES, " cannot find the uninstall exe on your pc..."(daa, I deleted that folder!).
So I'm stucK!!!
I have windows xp.
Eytan Ornstein

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 am

You've have to find the file called scenery.cfg sometimes you have two of these, one is always in your FS9 directory and there can be one in your documents and settings directory.
You have to open them and remove all the NL2000v3 entries out of the file.

eytan

Post by eytan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:12 pm

OK, problem solved. Always read the manual!
I didn't delete the layers in the scenery libraries. After i did that, installation was fine, and now NL 2000 is present in fs9 on all its glory.
You guys are amazing. This is freeware!? Can I make a small donation for your hard work?
Eytan

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks for your offer but we have 1 rule freeware=freeware so we don't take any donations from our users.
Instead we will appreciate alot if you tell about us and our scenery in your country.
Kind regards and have lots of flying hours above the Netherlands.

eytan

Post by eytan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:41 pm

Just a few more questions.
1. I have Ultimate Traffic. if I enable EHAM airliner traffic in the feature panel, will there be a conflict?
2. I have FS Water. If I enable dutch water coloures, will they cover the entire globe, or just the Netherlands
3. Does dynamic scenery in fs9 have to be on in order to see NL2000 scenery objects?

I will certainly spread the good news of NL 2000 among my flightsimming friends!

Eytan Ornstein

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 pm

1. I have Ultimate Traffic. if I enable EHAM airliner traffic in the feature panel, will there be a conflict?
When you enable traffic on EHAM, there will be less gates for other traffic. In fact it add's some schedules and it will active ai aircrafts. Those aircraft have to land and to hold a gate. I think they will compete but operate together.

2. I have FS Water. If I enable dutch water coloures, will they cover the entire globe, or just the Netherlands
The water will be replaced on the globe. You have to be careefull. When you start featurepanel the first time, it will backup all the water that is installed at that moment. When you deactivate the water it will copy back this specific backup. So if you use featurepanel first, and thereafter install fswater, it will be overwritten. The easiest way is first install fswater and then use featurepanel.

3. Does dynamic scenery in fs9 have to be on in order to see NL2000 scenery objects?
No, we don't have specifiek dynamic objects in place. Most are static. Some are AI related.
Johan Calje
The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team

eytan

Post by eytan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Thanks for clearing up these issues.
Eytan