Avsim Download

Ask questions about downloading via BitTorrent here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

CaptLou

Avsim Download

Post by CaptLou » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:11 am

Hello: I downloaded what I thought was the NL2003 plus the Update and the Christmas Updatet from Avsim. I now have six files in my NL2003 folder. These are represented by 5 torrent files and an auto torrent download file (NL2000_v3.0_1_of_5_(....) It doesn't matter what I click on, it wants to download the files again. When I say go ahead, the box that pops up and starts the download on part 1 of 5 informs me that it will only take 430 hours. I can fly to the Netherlands and take my own pictures faster than that. And what about the other 4 disks: will they take just as long? And then there are the two updates. Having been born in Friesland and moved to Canada, I was looking forward to getting a real look at the Netherlands on my FS. Unfortunatly I will soon be 65 yrs old and I don't have enough time to do the download.

The pictures look good, though.

CaptLou

Mark Arends
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark Arends » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:02 pm

NL2000 version 3.0 is about 21 GB to download. The files you have downloaded via Avsim.com are only the files needed to start the real download via the BitTorrent network.

You can also download ISO images from our site.

Please see our download page: http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules.php ... le&sid=175

CaptLou

Avsim Download

Post by CaptLou » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi: Thank you for the quick response. I did read the posts on the download instructions. (Read the instructions, too.) I am not computer literate, have never heard of ISO, wouldn't know what to do with it. I understand I will have to download, then check the download with another downloaded program, then transfer the files to 5 cds and then install them. Oh, but I need an NTFS partition, again something I know nothing about.
I know you put a lot of time and energy into making this excellent program and I am sure there are guys who are much better than me at this downloading and enjoying the free scenery but I would much prefer to pay a nominal sum for the disks ready to install on my system.

Happy New Year from Canada. CaptLou

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:33 pm

I think this can be usefull for you.
http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules.php ... pic&t=1951

CaptLou

Post by CaptLou » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:59 pm

Thank you Wolf32. I have ordered my disks. Extremely reasonable price. Much less than I had expected.
I did get information on ISO and disk NTFS partition from my friendly computer shop guru. I also set my computer to download the ISO file disk one. With 17 seconds left on a 4+ hour download it informed me there was not enough space on my hard drive. Ok, I don't know a lot about bytes but the HD has 250 GB. That should have been sufficient. Oh well, I should know in about a week whether it was all worthwhile. Love the Video on You Tube.