Install issue

Ask questions about installing NL2000 version 3.0 here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

ALW

Install issue

Post by ALW » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:50 pm

Help!! NLScenery V3 will not install past disc 3! I have uninstalled all discs and tried someone elses copies who has installed successfully. The problem appears to be disc 3. A pop up message appears after a short time stating that an error has occured and cannot continue. I have a brand new PC. Any advice will be appreciated.Thank you.

ALW

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi,
Can you give us exactly what the error message is and is it everytime at the same point (file) from DVD3?
Sometimes it helps simply to clean up the DVD3 disk but perhaps you've done that allready.

ALW

install issue

Post by ALW » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:30 am

Thank you for your reply.I will attempt to re-install tomorrow and if I get the same message I will let you know what it says,

Regards,ALW

ALW

Install issue

Post by ALW » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 am

Hello.
I have tried to re-install. I again got to disc 3 and was presented with a pop-up message stating;

Unable to read file nl2k_v3_scasm_texture088.nl2 from DVD. System.IO.IOException:Data error(cyclic redundancy check)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.FileCopy(String source, String destination) at NL2000V3_O.VE_Streamer.CopyFrom DVD (String archiveFilename,StringFilename

This makes no sense to me at all so I hope you can help.Looking forward to seeing the scenery!! Thank you.

Regards

ALW

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:30 am

Can you confirm that it is always the same file
nl2k_v3_scasm_texture088.nl2
Can you try to copy this file by hand from dvd to disk to you r harddrive just to see if you get an error at this point.

If you got the DVD files also on your harddrive you can also try to install it directly from your harddrive.

ALW

Install issue

Post by ALW » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:43 pm

Hello
This is the same message each time. I am a bit of a novice with the PC and I don't know how to install manually to my hard drive etc!! Would you mind giving me some advice on how to do this? Your help is very much appreciated.Thank you.

Kind regards,

ALW

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:49 pm

Hello,
The message can be the same but what I need to know if this message turns up at exactly the same point of installation so when the installation arrives at this file
What you can try like I said before by using your Windows explorer, copy by hand the exact same file
Somewhere on your harddrive and see if that's works.
I think your DVD3 disk is corrupted or your download of DVD3 is corrupted

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Installation from your harddrive:
Copy the contents of all 5 parts to one temporary folder and start nl2000v3.exe from there.

Kind regards

ALW

Install issue

Post by ALW » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Thank you very much. I will keep you posted.

Kind regards,Alan.

CaptLou

Install Issue

Post by CaptLou » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi: I had (have) the same problem. When I tried to exit the install program I received another error message: Wrong volume is in drive. Please insert VolumeCDRom into drive m:. (Note: No volume number.)

I tried putting all the iso files together on my hard drive as per one of the forum suggestions. Disk one copied just fine, but when I went to copy disk 2 I received the following: Cannot copy NLK2_V3_scasm_Texture034: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check).

So.....I re-downloaded disk 3, put it on a DVD and started the entire proces again. Installed all the way to disk 4 this time then got the same "Unable to read file....etc. I have now spent way too many hours trying to get this scenery into my computer.
I have checked out the videos and screenshots and know you have spent many hours making a wonderful add-on. I thank-you for your efforts but I am getting frustrated. May have to return to North America to fly. Never had any installation problems there.
By the way: Should I decide later this week when I have a few days off work, to try again, will I have to start the installation from disk one. Since the first three discs are now installed, is there some way to start with disc four?

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:56 pm

The best thing to do is copy al DVD's in one folder and install from this single folder. Then there should be no problem.
Johan Calje
The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team

CaptLou

Install Issue

Post by CaptLou » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 am

Hello JohanC:

I tried copying all the disks to one folder but got the error message as per my paragraph 2 in the previous post. The original disks I purchased from Flightsim Store. Saved a lot of download time but spent almost as many hours trying to get them to install. I believe I have tried every idea I could find in the Forums. I will try another download to see what happens.
Wish me luck.
CaptLou

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 am

If you have an redundancy check error, I think you didn't get the right DVD's. Maybe there is some problem with the DVD's itself. I think you should be allowed to asked flightsim store for another copy of the DVD's?
Johan Calje

CaptLou

Install Issue

Post by CaptLou » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Hello Johan:
I contacted Flightsim Store and they informed me that they were using a new brand of DVD and had received more complaints. They will send new disks to anyone who has had problems with diskes purchased from them. I eagerly await the new disks so I can complete the installation.
Do I have to remove the already installed files or will they automatically overide when I reinstal?

Best regards: Lou

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:46 pm

I think they will be overwritten automatically, depending of the installation state.
Johan Calje