Bit torrent

Ask questions about downloading via BitTorrent here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

Gibbon

Bit torrent

Post by Gibbon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi to all,

I've used your previous versions and loved them to death. Great detail and a lot of fun to fly, so i was pleased a new version was coming out with even more detail.

Until i saw you had to download it via Bittorrent. I have a nice fast connection, been at it for 3 days now and only managed disks 3,4 and 5 so far. Having serious issues trying to get hold of disks 1&2 as nobody seems to be online to dowload it from. Getting rates of between 1kb and 10kb if i'm lucky and those are from users in the USA. Isn't there anybody in europe whose actually online i can get this from? This is all VERY annoying... :evil:

Uhu

Post by Uhu » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi Gibbon,

As far as I could detect you can also download the .iso files and burn them to a DVD, it worked for me like a charm.

after I'd burned the DVD's I tossed all the files in one folder on the external HardDrive DVD #1 as last and it installed all in one go from 1 till 5 without a peep.

mind you it's advisable that if you have another parttion and/or HD to install it there and not on your main fs9 drive, advantage is quicker acces for the system to the files and shorter loadup times, all in all installed it's a whopping 28 GigaBites of data on your system.

Also when installed and options set then run a defrag for the partition where you installed the scenery to and also for your fs9 install.

You'be surprised ;)

p.s. the links for the .iso files are on the front page of the site. I got 'm at approx. 750 kbs you'll need firefox but there is even a link for it on the front page as well.

enjoy !
8)

Gibbon

Post by Gibbon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:19 pm

Hmmm, well i'm down to disk 1 only now which is nearly all of it. I can't be asked to install Firefox for just this program which i admit is my problem but a worthy suggestion none the less.

I had a look at the iso option but everytime i tried to download the dvd 2 package i got a file with nothing in it no matter how many times i tried so i gave up. This is why i'm doing the Bittorrent route.

Hopefully won't be long now ...

Gibbon

Post by Gibbon » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:26 am

Thanks to whoever it was from Twente University for coming online and saving my sanity. Have all the parts now, all burned off onto dvd's, will install tomorrow as i'm too tired now :D