Language Runtime Error Message

Ask questions about installing NL2000 version 3.0 here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

Slide

Post by Slide » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Yup, I did, although my usual login has admin rights anyway - but, yes, you are right, it might have wanted it that way. Not this time LOL

Uhu

Post by Uhu » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:45 pm

:?
sorry Slide,

been awol for a few days, I'm still dumbstruck that it will not install.

Quick links for the .NET apps:

V1.1

V2.0

V3.0

maybe I'm a proverbial pain in the A##, but could you please try re-installing the .Net stuff again and in case it asks to repair or similar say delete and the re-install ? I'm getting the idea that something is corrupt in that area on your system that exactly screws this up

Also as last resort and as far as I know works as well is when you boot up the puter to start it up in safemode.

or go into msconfig and let it do a clean bootup that is switch off all applications in the checked boxes when the msconfig screenie comes up reboot and than try it.

here a link to the MS KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/en-us
after you finished doing the thing, then retick the boxes that where active before and reboot again and all will be restored as it was .

GL

hissinsid

Post by hissinsid » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:16 pm

Help I have exactly the same problem, I have tried all these fixes and it still has this. I know the discs are fine as I have loaded the software on a different PC using them.

:cry:

Slide

Post by Slide » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:26 pm

Sorry Uhu and the other readers - real life got me away from simming these days...
I have another NEW theory, as I had encountered install probs with Ireland and Flattex recently, too. It might simply need a proper install of FS9 ... I pushed the whole thing from one HD to the next ... may that be the reason ... I can´t proof it these days, I have to run my business...
Meanwhile I de-installed all the Dotnet stuff again - will do that one more time, too.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Marwal

debug the bug

Post by Marwal » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:54 am

hi Netherland

hi Slide

i had the same error with the net framework debugger missing.

and now it works.

What happened?

Before: i made an seperate and empty 'Flight Simulator 9' Folder and turned the real one in a .bak_Folder - just to find out what new files will be there in Aircraft- Effects- and Modules Folders after Installation.

That was a big mistake! because

Then: it seems that the NL200V3 Installer wants to write all those Extra Files in the Real 'Flight Simulator 9' Folder.

Now: When i reversed the .bak ked Original 'Flight Simulator 9'-Folder to normal - the Debugger Error has gone to sleep and the Installation is now on like it should.

Conclusion: If the NL2000V3 Installer doesn't find the 'Flight Simulator 9'-Path, you get the 'Debugger' Error.

Maybe using http://tweakfs.com/download/fs9path_utility.zip can help

And dont forget to use 'Windows Update' - there is one to cure 'Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack' online .

good luck

with

the bug

Slide

Post by Slide » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:39 pm

:D Marwal, you made my day!
I used TweakFS´ registry-tool, reinstalled und updated Framework 1.1 and while i am writing, the Netherlands run their install!!

What have we learned?
NL2000 needs, beside the Framework, a "clean" install of FS2004.
That takes just a minute due to that tool.
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Thanks again to everybody in this place.
Happy landings, Slide

Uhu

Post by Uhu » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Glad to hear you got it "licked" :D

You'll be pleasantly surprised as to how things look around here :)

make a flight at 1,300 ft and not faster as 120 KIAS ;)

Have fun !

8)

Slide

Post by Slide » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:00 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: NICE!

gsumner

Same problems

Post by gsumner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi everyone.

I am having the same problems as the original person that started this thread.

I have tried every one of the above fixes and still get the same error message. I've evn found a special tool for removing .net packs so I can clean install them. I have checked my discs and everything is ok. I have no other issues with my computer.

I just wondered if anyone found the problem with this issue and could offer something to try as it would be a great shame if I cannot install this software. Is there a manual install method.

Thanks
Graham

Slide

Post by Slide » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:34 pm

hi graham,

try to use tool mentioned above. it gives the sims path to the registry, which is important.
this solved my problem.

being a flying dutchman since then,
cheers, slide

gsumner

Already tried

Post by gsumner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi,

I've tried it, I've tried everything, The utility proved my registry already knew where flight sim was.

I just don't understand it. I'm sure its linked to the .net v1.1 installation. I've removed/reinstalled it 2 or 3 times using different methods in and out of safe mode.

I just don't know what else to try now. I'm just hoping the programmers may have heard of this problem in 1 of the Dutch speaking forums and be able to shed some light on how to put it right. I guess they'll all be busy on V4 now though

Thanks for your help

Graham

Slide

Post by Slide » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:35 pm

:roll: sorry that, graham - no other ideas yet.
have you double-double-checked your path? sure? hmm...

gsumner

Post by gsumner » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:00 pm

The path and everything is fine. I wish I could find out where its going wrong. Nevermind slide . . somethings are not meant to be sometimes. Maybe this will push me into a format when I get back from vacation. Its long overdue anyway.

Thanks for your help

:lol:

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:35 pm

@gsumner,

Did you already remove .NET 1.1 by using the Microsoft tool " windows installer cleanup" free to download from the MS site this is a more powerfull and secure way to remove .NET from your pc.
After that re-install .NET 1.1 and try again to install NL2000v3, this worked fine for some users here in Holland, hope this is also a sollution for your problem.
Kind regards

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Also here you can find some information about how to handle .NET framework problems.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824643