FS9.1 crashes near Maasmechelen

Report a problems with the NL2000 scenery here

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

MikeSierra

FS9.1 crashes near Maasmechelen

Post by MikeSierra » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:26 am

Hi forum,
Sorry for writing in English, but my Dutch just is sufficient to use it 'passive' (read/hear).

After having updated my FS2004 (FS9.0) to FS9.1 I noticed a strange thing along one of my favourite routes:
Starting at Cologne, crossing the southern part of NL2000 v2.91 via Aken flying westward, my system crashes to desktop as lng as I have the NL-scenery active.
Up to now I only noticed it around Maasmechelen - crossing the border towards Belgium.
I'm using FS9.1, default German scenery, NL2000 v2.91, Belg7000 v2.3. Any deactivation of the Belgian scenery does not help.

Is that a specific problem of MY machine (no probs with FS2004 yet) or can anyone reproduce this crash?
Thanks in advance for reactions.

Michael,
Ried im Innkreis, Austria, Europe.

pnauta
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by pnauta » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:20 pm

Do you have Autogen enabled? This is a known bug of FS2004. Can you install the latest patch supplied by Microsoft last week? This is said to fix it. Please let us know if you got it fixed.

Arno
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by Arno » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:26 pm

As he wrote Fs9.1 is used, it seems FS is already updated. Did you also have to problem before or did it only occur after updating FS?

We are also working on a patch for NL2000 that solves some AFCAD bugs, this update should be available soon, maybe that will also solve your problem.
Arno

MikeSierra

Post by MikeSierra » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:16 am

Thanks for your suggestions:
Yes, I've already updated the FS9.0 to FS9.1
Yes, I've activated AutoGen (set to maximum)
No, this crash was not there before I updated to v9.1 - alas.

What I forgot to mention: In this area I also use German Airports IV (just noticed it in the meantime)

Maybe it's an AFCAD-related problem, I remember the crashes took place near the airport Aachen/Maastricht.
Michael

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:28 am

In German Airports is a version of Beek ( EHBK) too ( incl an AFCAD).

It is better to remove the EHBK incl the AFCAD from GA 4 and save them elsewhere.
Two AFCADs of the same airport can create a conflict and a crash of FS2004.

Joop Mak
AFCAD designer
NL team

Arno
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by Arno » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:50 am

Using mutliple AFCAD files should certainly not give a conflict. The AFD data from the default scenery is always loaded as well and that does not give errors. The only problem with multiple AFCAD files is that only the one with the highest priority is loaded, which can result in the wrong one being loaded.

It could be a good idea to check if the errors still happen when GA4 is turned off, that can give us an indication where the problem is.
Arno

MikeSierra

Post by MikeSierra » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:36 pm

A new crash just kicked me out of FS9.1 - coming from Brugge flying parallel to the coastline towards Rotterdam airport.
I was just requesting landing clearance at Rotterdam being in the area of Hellevoetsluis (flying VFR at 500 ft), when the same happened as near Aachen.
This is far away from GA IV, even rather far from Belg7000.
I assume that the flightsim was just loading the airport data, when the frames first stuck and then started to flicker for- and backwards, as if you take a scene from a film (about 1 second of film length) replaying it forwards and backwards repeatedly in a very fast way (more a flicker than a "film scene"). This lasts about 4-5 seconds (in which the "scene" flickers to and fro for about 40 to 50 times (!) and then the screen goes black - first with the DirectX program intending to report data into the web (a message from my firewall) and then the well-known window with "FS... has encountered a severe problem and has to be closed. Send a report to MS yes/no; restart FS yes/no".
Michael.

Buc4U

Crash to Desktop in south netherlands near Maastricht

Post by Buc4U » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:09 pm

Mike, I have the same problem. I have also FS9.1 and when I fly low over maastricht airport or try to start from there the program crashes.

What is the solution? Who can help me???

p.s. I have only nl2000 2.91 and 2.92

Roberto
Buc4u

AntonioAndrade

FS2004 Crash in bound the NL Scenery

Post by AntonioAndrade » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Several Times I flew to AMS when arriving to Netherland area FS Crash and reboot asking if I WANT REPORT THAT TO Microsoft.
And anither thing happen when im my last Flight to Brussels EBBR I see Trees and buildings in the airport :?:
Anybody can help? The scenery is fantastic.

Mark Arends
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark Arends » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:17 pm

Have you already updated to the newest version of NL2000 (2.92) ?

AntonioAndrade

Post by AntonioAndrade » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:46 pm

Mark Arends wrote:Have you already updated to the newest version of NL2000 (2.92) ?

First I wish to thanks for your reply.
Thanks Sir the problem is solved with the update.

Best regards
Antonio Andrade
(Portugal) :D