Using new v5 Installer and a separate administrative problem

Ask general questions or place general comments about NL2000 version 5.0 here.

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

amiablebede1066

Using new v5 Installer and a separate administrative problem

Post by amiablebede1066 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am

I have been updating my pre-existing NL2000 installation into FSX, using the new installer. After setting up the latest installer, I updated the Airports and the Library to 4.11, and I noticed that the new installer did not list any of the old photosceneries from the earlier NL 2004 which had been previously installed, even though theses were still present in the FSX Directory along with the new and old airports. I may have misread your instructions but thought that the v5.01 1.0m photosceneries could be installed into FSX, along with the Library v4.11, but the installer did not seem to allow this. Can you whether any of v5.01 airport or photoscenery can be installed in my FSX at this time or in the future?

My other problem is administrative. I previously had a working NL2000 account. When I tried to use it, it rejected my log in, telling me that my username and passwords had forbidden characters, and after several attempts, then refused to accept my efforts because I had too many unsuccessful attempts to log in. I tried to get a new password and to reactivate my account, but after several rounds of requests which indicated that emails had been sent to my email account, none of the emails had reached me nor were they to be found in my spam box. When I tried to re-register using my old user name, password and email, my attempts were rejected because my email, user name and password were already in use by another member. I presume the other member was myself!

I could not find any way to contact an administrator so I finally chose to register from scratch with a different email, user name and password. This final effort worked and I was able to get on to the forum and write to you to try to solve both of my issues. Please let me know if you require any more details in order clear my earllier account

I will be grateful to hear from you about the scenery installation question and also to unfreeze and clear both my original account and the new one from earlier today.

Steve Chavin

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Using new v5 Installer and a separate administrative problem

Post by phjoop » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Steve,
The new photografic scenery v5 will be added to FSX and the FSX library, but there was a little item, that the name of the maps still had v4 in their names. But if you open that map you can see that the bgl files are the new v5 ones. So the v5 scenery will function in FSX. In the new installer that will be corrected. We are sorry about that. And the problems with your account I will send to the webmaster. But you could place this topic, so I expect that you created a new account.
Joop

amiablebede1066

Post by amiablebede1066 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:10 am

Hi Joop:
Thanks for the quick response. I am not at my computer just now but I have a couple of additional questions.
1. Which maps are you referring to? I thought the photoscenery files are compressed and required use of the special installer to decompress them. So I have not tried to open them. But I did look at the earlier version 4 files, and these appeared to contain only autogen texture files.
2. When will the new installer and the correction of the file name be available?
3. The installation of the v4.11 airports, which went smoothly, the installer apparently played havoc with my scenery configuration, scrambling the order of a moderate number of previously installed sceneries and uninstalling the older NL2000 photoscenery files as well. Is this a known problem with the current installer? It was certainly an unexpected nuisance. Any suggestions for preventing this from happening again?
4. The older v4 photoscenery folders apparently were deleted from the scenery list and config file but left behind in the NL2000 directory.
5. When the new installer and v5 photosceneries are released, should I manually remove any remaining earlier folders and files and then do a complete reinstallation of the newer airports and photosceneries?

Thanks very much for your help and for the great Netherlands sceneries.

Best regards,

Steve

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am

Steve,
1. The bgl files I ment , are in the map scenery of every 11 provinces
2. The latest installer 4.0.91 must do the trick and is available on are website. And when the new files version 5 are installed, the older wil be deleted and the library ( scenery.cfg ) will be adjust. So always the newest version will be in the scenery list.
But there is an manual . so can can read the proces in there.

happy flying
Joop