compatibility question

Give us your opinion about version 4 and/or suggestions to improve the scenery

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

jorvik

compatibility question

Post by jorvik » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 pm

hello.

i am a new user who has downloaded, but not yet installed, nl2000 v 4. i noted only a single comment and a very small survey of user opinion about compatiblilty of nl 2000 v4 with other fs addon sceneries.

i would like to add my own comments here. i fly flight sim x on a windows 7 computer, and have installed both ultimate terrain x and gex for europe. after reading through the forum, i could find no specific information on the compatibility of nl 2000 v4 with either or both of these widely-used addon sceneries.

can anyone comment on using nl 2000 scenery with the utx europe and ground environment europe? if there are known issues, can anyone provide either patches or some other type of solution to incompatibilities, so that we can use all of the available software in the best possible way?

thanks for all the very hard work at nl 2000. i am looking forward to seeing the netherlands through the eyes of your scenery.

jorvik

johanc
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by johanc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm

We did not tested this combination in our testprocedures. So I hope other users can help you with their experiences.

Maybe you can install NL2000v4 and just try it yourself. It is easy to deinstall the scenery.
Johan Calje
The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team

jorvik

Post by jorvik » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 am

johan:

thanks for the quick reply. i will let you know the results of my trial installation.

Soya

Post by Soya » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 pm

I am fairly sure that if you install NL2000v4 and put the layers in the scenery library at the top, which it should do automatically, then it should simply layer the NL2000v4 scenery textures over any other, UTX or otherwise, textures. The only problem you may experience is with autogen buildings and structures. If you turn up autogen then it will most likely display both the UTX & NL2000v4 autogen objects, which may give you double the amount of structures if they are located at the same place. ie. you may end up with 2 Euromasts in Rotterdam. If this does happen, then either turn down autogen or somehow disable it in UTX.

Otherwise, like I mentioned, the terrain textures should appear fine as long as it above in the scenery library then UTX.

Good luck.

jorvik

Post by jorvik » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:02 pm

soya:

many thanks for your helpful suggestions and comments. i have not yet got around to installing the basic nl scenery but will let the forum know once i do so.

incidentally, i must compliment you on the beautiful screenshots you submitted. your results are most encouraging.

jorvik

MartijnPleines

Post by MartijnPleines » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Jorik,

I'm running NL2000 installed over UTX Europe (no special procedures or scenery order, it's just the latest scenery I installed so it's on top of UTX naturally) and so far, I haven't seen any problems...no double buildings, bridges or odd autogen...except for one thing...and that's a bonus: UTX streetlights do work in NL2000, and since they have been placed quite accurately, they do not clash with the ground textures!

Have fun!
Martijn

jorvik

Post by jorvik » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:06 pm

martijn:

more positive encouragement. thanks very much.

jorvik

tmtsui

Post by tmtsui » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:53 am

Soya wrote:I am fairly sure that if you install NL2000v4 and put the layers in the scenery library at the top, which it should do automatically, then it should simply layer the NL2000v4 scenery textures over any other, UTX or otherwise, textures. The only problem you may experience is with autogen buildings and structures. If you turn up autogen then it will most likely display both the UTX & NL2000v4 autogen objects, which may give you double the amount of structures if they are located at the same place. ie. you may end up with 2 Euromasts in Rotterdam. If this does happen, then either turn down autogen or somehow disable it in UTX.

Otherwise, like I mentioned, the terrain textures should appear fine as long as it above in the scenery library then UTX.

Good luck.
Dear Soya,
Can you tell me how to enable FTX default autogen with NL2000 version 4?
I have my scenery and autogen sliders set to maximum. I still don't see any FSX autogen objects? I tried disabling NL2000's 3D objects module, situation remains the same -- no FSX autogen obbjects!
I'd appreciate your help.

phjoop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by phjoop » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

see the answer in the Dutch part

Joop

stu7708

Post by stu7708 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 pm

I addressed some of your questions regarding UTX in the review I wrote for Mutleys Hangar.

In short I saw no problems except for one. Teuge Airport (EHTE) has had it's runway extended to the east, and this is reflected in the scenery package for that airport. Unfortunatly the road data in UTX is based on how the road ran before the extension, so the atuogen traffic running along the road will run straight over the runway.

This is only a visual problem since the cars have no crash detection points, but it did feel strange running down the runway with cars crossing it.

The review can be found here.
http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/mic/nl2000/nl2000.htm