First impressions

Give us your opinion about version 3

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

Gibbon

First impressions

Post by Gibbon » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi all,

After what seems like forever, i've finally got my hands on this. I downloaded it via the Bittorrent option, took a day to download all of it so can't complain there. I dumped all the downloads into one folder which then had five seperate folders for each part (1-5). Clicked install and about 20mins later all done. I've applied the two patches and so far no issues.

I suffer from the slightly green runways as well, i'm ignoring this as quite a few people seem to see this, especially at EHAM but as this seems to be related only to the NL2000 package i can live with it.

Framerates when initially taking off can be a bit slow (25-30) but once i'm cruising around in my Cessna at around 2500Ft my rates go up to between 50-60 so all good there. I'm going to spend some time enjoying it all from the air instead of in a cafe (if you know what i mean) but so far a truly excellent job guys, really superb :)

Gibbon

Post by Gibbon » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Further to running this, i put everything to max, including traffic, had ActiveSky running as well and still got 21.3 FPS at Amsterdam which i think is pretty impressive tbh. I'm loving this scenery so far, love the helicopter AI flights, neatly done

wolf32
NL2000 Development Team
NL2000 Development Team

Post by wolf32 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks for the compliments and happy flying