Excellent scenery! It's just a shame...

Opmerkingen? Fouten? Meldt het hier.
Remarks? Bugs? Report it here.

Moderator: NL2000 Development Team

woottsbj25

Excellent scenery! It's just a shame...

Post by woottsbj25 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:00 am

Hey guys,

First I'd like to congratulate you on an excellent scenery. I've finally managed to get through the marathon downloading, file organisation and installation! Starting up at Schiphol and I was very pleased indeed at that fantastic job you've done. It's quite possibly payware quality, and the fact that this quality is mirrored across much of the Netherlands, all for free, is astounding.

It's just a shame that I won't be able to use the product due to the poor framerates. I've always had it in the back of my mind that this could be a problem, and I can indeed see why, with the level of detail that has been put into this product. I'm running an AMD 64 3500+, alongside an NVidia 6800GS and 2GB of RAM, but still I get poor (almost unflyable) framerates with no AI traffic.

Of course, smaller airports are still flyable, which will be fun to fly into every now and then, but the main reason I installed NL2000 V3 was for the superb EHAM scenery. Ah well, you never know, one day I may get a super-duper computer and be able to run it smooth, and so I shall return to FS9 to use it. However, until that day I think, unfortunately, I might be clicking that "(un)install" part of the menu.

Again, thank you everyone on the NL2000 team for all the work you have put in, and congratulations to those people with a high enough spec PC to run it. I have a bad feeling that most people, though, will be in the same situation as me.

:)
Regards,<br>Tom Wootton